These are weekly Zoom meetings hosted by AFMW to provide a platform for members and Council to come together.
Time: Saturdays, 4 – 5.15pm
Who: all members are welcome to attend.
To receive the registration link, sign up to the AFMW mailing list here.
Please contact the AFMW Executive by email using this address with any feedback or topic suggestions!
- May and June 2020: AFMW COVID-19 Statement, 2nd Statement sessions
- 06/06/20: COVID and ‘The Care Economy’
- 13/06/20: ‘Black Lives Matter’
- 20/06/20: The ‘Closing the Gap Conundrum’: A discussion amongst Australian medical women
- 27/06/20: ‘What I am Reading’ – Medical Women’s ‘Book Club’, no pre-reading required
- 04/07/20: ‘Indigenous Engagement’ with guest speaker Professor Bronwyn Fredericks. Prof Fredericks has provided us excellent input to our AFMW Reconciliation Action Plan. She is Pro Vice-Chancellor of the University of Queensland
- 11/07/20: ‘The COVID-19 2nd Wave in Melbourne’, including hard lockdown in social housing, including multicultural and Aboriginal implications
- 18/07/20: Better Governance through a Review of the AFMW Constitution
- 25/07/20: An Introduction to yAFMW – ‘Young AFMW’
- 01/08/20: What does the F for Federation mean in AFMW? How might we best represent its meaning in a publicity video?
- 08/08/20: ‘Forging closer bonds within MWIA’ chaired by Dr Desiree Yap, MWIA Vice President for the Western Pacific Region (WPR) with attendees from throughout the WPR
- 15/08/20: COVID-19 and General Practice
- 22/08/20: Job-sharing & Part-Time training. See Vic.afmw.org/part-time-
- 29/08/20: ‘Optimizing Mask Fit’
- 05/09/20: ‘What I am Reading’ and ‘How I’m Feeling in COVID-19’
- 12/09/20: ‘SARS-CoV-2 New Concepts in Masks and PPE’ with guest speakers Prof Raina MacIntyre and Dr Margaret Oziemski