“To be our best selves, we must care for ourselves.”
- Focus on what you do have control over
- Acknowledge your thoughts and feelings
- Come back into your body
- Engage in what you are doing
- Committee action
- Opening Up
- Identify resources
- Disinfect and distance
- How mindfulness fosters compassion, by Prof Paul Gilbert. Available on youtube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz9Fr_v9Okw
- Dr Kristin Neff: Self Compassion Test
- Dr Lydia Pitcher and Dr Ira Van Dr Steenstraten – Dear Dr, find someone you trust and start talking
- ‘Understanding job burnout’ by Dr Christina Maslach (see video)
- The Joyful Doctor
- Australasian Doctors’ Health Network
- Treating a health professional with mental health issues – a webinar
With an AFMW membership, experience:
Enjoy leadership development, networking & mentoring opportunities. Plus join the AFMW leadership skills database.
Become actively involved in key issues surrounding the health and wellbeing of women and children, in Australia and globally.
Automatic membership of the Medical Women’s International Association, an organisation with United Nations representation.
Special Event Access
Receive invitations to access and attend educational and social events.
Member Only Resources
Access to our members only discussion forum, directory, special updates and e-newsletters.
Interested in being involved?
We welcome new members and participation in AMFW activities.