- This event has passed.
All about Intersectionality, Feminism and Health Equity – Online Event
September 16 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm AEST(non-members) $20
The Victorian Medical Women’s Society (VMWS) invites you to join for an evening on: All About Intersectionality, Feminism and Health Equity.
Together we’ll explore how and why every patient’s identity influences their experience of healthcare, and discuss how we as medical professionals can address these factors to achieve the best outcomes for our patients.
Come along to listen and engage with our panel of esteemed experts and join our break out sessions! It’s a great opportunity to ensure you’re practising inclusive, effective medicine.
This event is open to all VMWS and AFMW members!
We have an exciting list of speakers coming up…Bring your questions!!
- Dr Emily Gray (feminist educator) on Intersectionality and Feminism
- A/Prof Nada Hamad on Intersectionality in Medicine and Research
- A/Prof Ruth McNair on LGBTQIA+ Health
- Dr Vinka Barunga on First Nations Health
- Dr Mariam Tokhi on Patients with Low SES
- Dr Samantha Loi on Mental Health
- Dr Kate Gregorevic on Ageism
- … and more!
- Introduction to intersectionality, feminism and health equity
- Panel discussion
- Breakout groups and discussion on scenarios centered around intersectionality, feminism and health equity
- Large-group Q&A session
If you are interested in learning more about intersectional feminism, how to be an ally to minority groups and how to improve health access and equity, please join us at this event.
>> PLEASE REGISTER HERE >>
Events coordination by AFMW, on behalf of the Australian Federation of Medical Women (AFMW), its affiliated Australian state and territory partners and international networks and supporters. If you have an event you would like to share with us for Australian medical women, please contact us with details. Thank you.