The Medical Women’s International Association (MWIA)
AFMW & MWIA
MWIA is an organisation representing women doctors from from six continents. The affiliated National Associations comprise over 90% of MWIA’s members. As the “National Association” representing medical women for Australia, internationally AFMW is affiliated with the Medical Women’s International Association (MWIA).
Click here for more information on MWIA’s structure.
MWIA is a parent organization, whose members represent 70 countries in all five continents. The different cultural backgrounds, medical traditions and problems of its members provide a stimulating forum.
All Medical Women qualified according to the accepted standard of the medical profession in their own country are eligible for membership.
- Promote cooperation and friendship among medical women
- To promote gender equity in the medical profession
- To offer medical women the opportunity to meet
- To overcome gender-related differences in health and healthcare
A number of committees support the executive:
- Ethics and resolutions
- Scientific and research
- Communication and Social Media
- Strategy and Advocacy
The Young MWIA is the Special Interest Group for Young Female Doctors and Medical Students.