AFMW congratulates the marvellous medical women who have been celebrated in the 2012 Queen’s Birthday Honours.
– Dr Judith Teng Wah GOH, Gold Coast, Qld. For distinguished service to gynaecological medicine, particularly in the field of fistula surgery, and to the promotion of the rights of women and children in developing countries.
– Professor Anne Margaret KEOGH, Darlinghurst, NSW. For service to medicine in the field of cardiac transplantation, advanced heart failure and pulmonary hypertension as a clinician and researcher, to professional associations, and to the community in the area of animal welfare.
– Dr Robyn Mary HORSLEY, Brunswick, Vic. For service to occupational and environmental medicine, and to medical education.
– Dr Catherine Adele HOWELL CSM, Gilberton, SA. For service to medicine, particularly in the field of mental health, and to professional organisations.
– Dr Johanna Maria KOVATS, Crookwell, NSW. For service to medicine in rural and regional NSW, particularly in the area of women’s health.
– Dr Alice MacLENNAN, St Georges, SA. For service to medicine, particularly in the area of women’s reproductive health, and through roles with professional organisations.
- – Dr Philippa Nancy WHISH, Inverell NSW. For service to medicine as a general practitioner, and to the community of Inverell.