AFMW would like to recognise the contributions of medical women recognised by 2021 Australia Day Honours, and congratulate them on these achievements:
- Professor Susan Ruth Davis AO – for distinguished service to medicine, to women’s health as a clinical endocrinologist and researcher, and to medical education.
- Professor Emily Banks AM – for significant service to medical research and education.
- Associate Professor Anne Marie Brooks AM – for significant service to ophthalmology, and to eye health organisations.
- Professor Helen O’Connell AO – for distinguished service to medical education, and to medicine, in the field of urology, as an academic and clinician, and to professional groups.
- Professor Jan Elizabeth Dickinson AO – for significant service to medical education, and to maternal foetal medicine.
- Professor Amanda Jane Leach AO – for significant service to ear disease and research, and to Indigenous child health.
- Dr Susan English – Donkers OAM – for service to the youth of Timor-Leste, to women, and to medicine.
- Dr Carmel Crock OAM – for service to emergency medicine, and to medical education.
Please let us know of amazing medical women and their achievements so we can include these in future posts and newsletters!
Marissa Daniels is a paediatric intensive care medicine trainee, yAFMW co-Chair and past Treasurer for AFMW.