- This event has passed.
Circle of Kindness – AFMW Fireside Chat
22 February @ 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm AEDT
We invite you to attend the next session in our regular series “Circle of Kindness: AFMW Fireside Chats”. Our next ‘chat’ will be held Wednesday 22 February 2023 8-9PM AEDT, hosted by Assoc/Prof Magdalena Simonis.
About Circle of Kindness: AFMW Fireside Chats
We all have moments in life when we need a listening ear and sometimes, it’s easier to share with someone you don’t know that well.
I’ve been asked several times by members and non-members if we provided peer group sessions to support this, and recently invited members to meet and set our parameters. We all agreed that there is a need for a safe space filled with kindness and trust where you can meet other medical women and talk about the challenges you’re facing, so we formed the Circle of Kindness: Fireside Chats.
As President of AFMW it gives me great pleasure to launch these monthly sessions. Times will change so that no one misses out so watch out for our eBulletin and website. Come, bring a friend who is not a member but would benefit from having access to our Circle of Kindness.
This event is open to all AFMW members and non-member guests.
Please share event with friends and colleagues.
What It Is
- Peer support for women doctors
- Kindness centred
- Informal advice – sharing lived experiences
- Reflection – making time for this
- A safe space
- Sessions never recorded
- No guest speakers
- Sessions run for up to 60 minutes – as required
- Kindness centred
- Respect – intersectionality
- Fun & Relaxed
- Camaraderie / friendly
- Eat your dinner with us, enjoy a drink, it’s casual!
What It Isn’t
- Mental health support
- AFMW related – we do not discuss AFMW activities nor decide on AFMW issues outside of Council meetings
- There is no formal meeting agenda
When & who runs them
- Interested members take turns hosting a session
Registration to this Fireside Chat is free. Please attend on the evening via this Zoom link.
Please forward any queries to