Nominations for our leadership committee are NOW OPEN!
Young AFMW (yAFMW) is the AFMW committee for medical students, female doctors fewer than 7 yrs since graduation and those aged younger than 40 yrs.
We are a network of dedicated volunteers passionate about health equity. We also understand the issues facing students and trainees and provide informal support for each other.
Each year, yAFMW supports up to three specific projects. These projects align with the values and mission of AFMW and are designed to be completed in 12 months. Through this, we aim to provide opportunities to gain experience in project design and implementation.
- State representatives for ACT, NT, NSW, Qld, SA, Tas, Vic and WA
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Rep
- International Representative
We also welcome applications for Project Leaders. Up to three projects are selected each year. If you have a specific project in mind, please submit an application to be a ‘project leader’ and include brief details of your proposed project. At this stage the project proposal doesn’t need to fit any specific structure.
- Current AFMW membership
- No formal experience required – any training required will be provided
- Submit a 250 word cover letter with your CV to [email protected]
- Check out the terms of reference for more information, or contact [email protected]
DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 1
Looking forward to 2022!
Young AFMW Co-Chairs
Drs Emily Horan, Helena Franco, Naseera Naeem, Marissa Daniels
Marissa Daniels is a paediatric intensive care medicine trainee, yAFMW co-Chair and past Treasurer for AFMW.